Friday, August 19, 2011

Savoring Summer

It is Queen Anne's Lace Season! Take a moment to stop along the road and study one. I didn't choose this flower for no reason. It is a miracle with thousands of perfect tiny white blossoms artfully arranged in each bloom. She even has a purple heart. And to think God sprinkles them everywhere for us to enjoy effortlessly. Stand in a field of them and breathe in their fragrance. It is the essence of summer. She is the Queen of the Wildflowers. Long may she reign!

2 comments:

  1. Anne: Missed this when you posted it, but I must TOTALLY agree! I used to ride my horse through our field, gather a HUGE bouquet, then press them in all my books so I could enjoy them all winter. I just found one the other day when I was going through some old stuff! They are an intricate and beautiful flower. LOVE THEM and YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put the stems in dye and create bouquets of lace in any hue that makes your heart sing! Yves

    ReplyDelete